Jalapeño Cheddar Spinach Dip.
August 31, 2015
Posted by on
I’ve got a recipe for you today that’s a little bit cheesy, a little bit spicy, and is served in a crispy, carb-y, delicious bread bowl made from La Brea Bakery’s jalapeño cheddar bread. So you know, you’re welcome. The bread itself was the inspiration for the recipe, jalapeño and cheddar are a winning combination in my book! I used those flavors to update a classic baked spinach dip for a savory appetizer with a little bit of a kick. And if you’re not ready for a piping-hot dip just yet, you can refrigerate it and serve it cold too, I tested it both ways and they’re equally delicious. Recipe below!
- La Brea Bakery’s Jalapeño Cheddar Bread
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 C Sour cream
- 3 Tbsp Mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 C Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 C Spinach (packed)
- 1/2 C Scallions, plus extra for garnishing
- Carrot and celery sticks for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and cheddar cheese in a food processor and blend until fully combined. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- In the food processor, combine spinach, scallions and jalapeño (use between one half and one whole jalapeño, depending on your desired spice level). blend until fully combined and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Fold together cream cheese and spinach mixtures to combine.
- Using a bread knife, hollow out the top of the jalapeño cheddar loaf bread, saving the inside bread for dipping.
- Fill the bread bowl with dip mixture and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until top of dip begins to turn a golden brown.
- Garnish with extra scallions and jalapeños, and serve with carrot sticks, celery, and additional bread cubes.
Interested in trying out this jalapeño bread and more La Brea Bakery’s bread products? La Brea Bakery’s Breaking Bread Tour is coming to Boston September 19-20, visit BreakingBreadTour.com for more info and to find our about the tour stops.
Please note: this post was sponsored by La Brea Bakery, but all opinions, images, ideas, and recipes are my own.